A modest beginning for building a temple for Mother Santhadurga was
made as early as in 1564. Due to the magnetic touch and royal patronage,
exacted by a minister serving the Maratha King, this developed enormously and
spread its fame beyond expectation. It claims many philanthropists and devout
bhaktas who donated minificently for the advancement of religion
and glory of the Mother. Many expansionist activities are carried out from time to time and in consequence it
ineffable glory reached far off places Modernity exuding from
every frame of the construction casts enchantment and is luring a steady influx
of both tourists and thirsts rood the year. There came up several residential quarters around for priests
and Brahmins engaged in spiritual programmes through the year. The big tank
Iying nearby is serving the visitors for holy bath and to residents too for several purposes. And the temple's
deepa sthambam is a plus point.
It is set up to offering deepaaradhana ritualistic worship by the devotees. The
temple's calendar is so filled with very many auspicious days and
periodical festivals that no festive occasion is left out.