161. Unless the (first) suitor have a blemish.
162. The same (punishment is ordained for a suitor) who abandons a faultless girl;
163. (And for a husband who forsakes) a (blameless) wife.
164. He who buys unawares in open market the property of another man (from one not authorised to sell it) is not to blame;
165. (But) the owner shall recover his property.
166. If he has bought it in secret and under its price, the purchaser and the vendor shall be punished as thieves.
167. He who embezzles goods belonging to a corporation (of Br‚hmanas, and which have been sent to them by the king or by private persons), shall be banished.
168. He who violates their established. rule (shall) also (be banished).
169. He who retains a deposit shall restore the commodity deposited to the owner, with interest.
170. The king shall punish him as a thief
171. (The same punishment is ordained for him) who claims as a deposit what he never deposited.