garh is still to be seen as a huge mound and the excavations have yielded great results as
alreadymentioned. It was General Cuningham who, after visiting Vaisali, gave the first
authoritative description. The excavations in 1904 discovered remains of masonry buildings
at every -place explored.It was considered that the ruined buildings go back to at least
300 A.D. or still older times.
There were ashes and fragments of burnt wood and it was
assumed that this place was also sacked and plundered. It is remarkable that about 700
seals were discovered in one single room. One of the seals bears the mark of a Linga with
a Trisul on each side. Tirabhukti, the ancient name of Tirhut, is inscribed on two of the
seals. The finds discovered by Dr. Spooner,Superintendent of Archaeological Survey in the
Eastern Circle, arepreserved in the Patna Museum.