Every day for seven days the procession starts from Triprayar for a certain place where the arattu (bathing' ceremony) is hold, giving- opportunity to thousands outside Triprayar to offer Worship to the deity.
Triprayar temple is situated in what is called Chettuva Island, which was formerly under the Zamorins. In 1719 it was annexed by the Dutch. Then the Mysore Sultan defeated the Dutch and annexed the territory. Then came the British who defeated the Mysore Sultan. The Cochin Rajas claimed it as their own. The British gave them the temple. Now it is under the administrative control of the Cochin Devaswom Board.