Glory Of Celibacy > Page1
The celibate, who on viewing a young beauty in full bloom, does not get excited in the slightest degree and considers her to no more than a wooden doll, is like god himself. If a person controls his passion, he can conquer the whole world. This is like vanquishing the king during a war, as a result of which the whole kingdom along with the army and its power is conquered too.
Strength is always required to accomplish
any task. The same is also true for self-knowledge. Let the wise
therefore, take on the strength of celibacy to accomplish the same.
2. One who desires to attain to the
Supreme Reality, observes celibacy.
3. The practice of celibacy is indeed a
major and unmatched contributory factor in:
- Controlling all the five senses and the
- Avoidance of all lethargy
- Sadhana of all types conducive to the
liberation (Mokhsha) of the Soul