rest, it is believed, have come under debris. While each and every temple is of highly
valuable archaeological interest, the temple of Lakshana Devi is, in addition, remarkably
impressive in the extremely fine wood work on it.In order to save the monuments from
decay, and destruction the Archaeological Department of the Government of India has
brought the following temples etc., scattered all over the district, within the fold of
the Protected Monuments: -
town. Shri Lakshmi Narayan
2. Chamba town. Bansi Gopal temple.
3. Chamba town. Rai temple.
4. Chamba town. Sita Ram temple.
5. Chamba town. Chamunda Devi temple
6. Sarotha pargana Panjala. Rock sculpture
depicting Sita,Ram,Hanuman etc.
7. Chitrari. Shakti Devi temple.
8. Brahmaur. Lakshana Devi temple.
9. Brahmaur. Mani Mahes temple.
10 Brahmaur. Nar Singh temple.
11. Brahmaur.Ganesh temple.
12. Bhurdhiadh in Chamba town.
Chamba town celebrates a number of religious festivals. The
Minjhar fair held on the 3rd Sunday of Sawan month has a very large gathering. There is a
procession from the palace along the main thoroughfare to the riverbank. Here the river
goddess is propitiated.